Leicestershire and Rutland Amateur Swimming Association Mini Meet Series 2019
The 2019 Leicestershire and Rutland Amateur Swimming Association Mini Meets Series has now concluded for 2019. Thank you to all swimmers, coaches, team managers, officials, helpers and spectators for a very successfull and enjoyable series. Special thanks to Caroline Oxley for organising all of the helpers.
Introduction to the Mini Meet Series
The Mini Meet series comprises of three time-trials for 9-11 year olds.
Swimmers aged 8 may enter only if aged 9 by 8th June 2019.
The series will provide swimmers with results based on the FINA points scoring system.
The aim of the Mini Meet Series is to provide young swimmers with the ideal environment to gain valuable experience of Open Meets on a small scale and to give the coaches an opportunity to assess their progress. Meet attendance will allow the City of Leicester Coaches to monitor each swimmers progress through the Mini Meet series.
Parents will be encouraged to develop skills as trainee officials and helpers in running the series if pool side resources allow.
Satellite clubs will be offered the opportunity to send a coach to the meets in order to provide an insight into talent identification and the larger performance pathway in Leicestershire.
Conditions of Entry
• Closing date Friday 12th April 2019
• Entries will be on a first come first served basis.
• Ages for competition will be calculated as at 8th June 2019
• Age groups are 9yrs, 10yrs and 11 yrs.
• Open to swimmers registered with Leicestershire and Rutland ASA affiliated Clubs ONLY
• Swimmers are encouraged to enter all rounds and are expected to swim all events.
• The Mini Meets will be held under ASA laws and ASA Technical Rules and is a CARDLESS event and will be licenced at Level 3.
• Events will be swum as mixed age groups and swimmers will be seeded by entry time. Where an event is duplicated the entry times may be updated from previous swims.
The Mini Meet Programme
All 3 Rounds will take place at Braunstone Leisure Centre, Hamelin Road, Braunstone, Leicester, LE3 1JN.
The dates for The Mini Meet Series 2019 are as follows:
Round 1 - Saturday 20th April.
Round 2 - Saturday 25th May.
Round 3 - Saturday 8th June.
Warm up for each gala will be 5.45pm and the gala will start at 6.15pm.
Swimmers should arrive at least 15 minutes before the start of warm up.
For more information, including entry information and conditions please click here: Mini Meets 2019