Short & Long Course
Short & Long Course
If you think there is an error with any record please contact the Records Officer at email@example.com who will be happy to look in to it.
Rules for Claiming a Leicestershire & Rutland A.S.A Record
See the LASA Constitution for the definitive rules, which shall take precedence
1. A swimmer claiming a record must:
At the time of the swim be a member of Swim England and a member of a club affiliated to the Association. This for a consecutive period of not less than sixty (60) days immediately prior to the swim.
A swimmer is only entitled to claim a record if they have swum in the name of an affiliated club, or a team encompassing the counties of Leicestershire or Rutland, or a team competing in the International Swimming League (ISL) or any equivalent competition, or their nationalised country.
Completed the relevant portion of the County Records Claim form.
The County Records Claim form must be received by the Records Officer within twenty-eight (28) days of swim taking place.
2. Records may only be made in Swim England competitions licensed at levels 1-4, the ISL or any equivalent competition, British Swimming and FINA sanctioned international competitions in and outside of the United Kingdom.
3. The first swimmer in a relay event may claim a record over the distance of that leg provided the time is recorded electronically at an event described in rule 19.2 above. Such performance shall be nullified by the disqualification of the team or team members.
4. All records will be recognised for men and women, for long and short course, for open and junior age classification. The open classification will have no age limits; in the junior classification, the swimmer must be under sixteen (16) years of age on the day of the swim.
5. All records shall, if meeting all the above criteria, be ratified during a LASA Executive meeting, the decision of the LASA Executive meeting shall be final.
For a claim to be considered for validation it MUST BE :-
Made on the official application form
In the hands of the Records Officer within 28 days of swim taking place.
Are you close to a County record?
Be prepared - and download the Records Claim Form
Email completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org
Post completed application forms to:
Leicestershire ASA Records Officer
23 Kirby Road